Please click on the links below and read the information before completing your booking form.
- Student Agreement FormStudent Agreement FormWelcome to the Australian Training Academy (ATA) and congratulations on selecting this academy to qualify in your chosen course.
We believe in providing quality training to all of our students and are proud to say that graduates from our academy usually obtain employment within their chosen career upon successful graduation of our courses.
In order to enable us to provide quality of service to you, we request that you read the following information carefully, sign and date it and return this with your enrolment form.
As a student of the Australian Training Academy Pty Ltd, you agree to:
- Arrive on time for all sessions and be ready to start at the appropriate time
- Please come to class suitably dressed for the interactive classroom sessions
- Contact the academy if you are going to be late; absent or sick
- Switch off all mobile phones during course sessions
- Do not bring food into the training rooms unless authorised by instruction staff
- No smoking in the training rooms or the common areas of the building
- Observe all Workplace Health and Safety guidelines
- Students will fulfil all assessments, assignments and study requirements and agree to perform honestly in all examinations, all assessments are to be completed by the student.
- Failure to attend class on the dates agreed without notice and rescheduling, will incur an additional booking fee of $100, in addition to the fees already charged for the course.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that ATA is advised of any changes that may occur to the students contact details.
- Each student will be given a class attendance date as discussed and agreed between the student and ATA.
- Disqualifying OffencesDisqualifying OffencesPersons under the age of 18 years are not eligible for licencing in the security industry.
As part of the licensing process, a national criminal history check is conducted by the Department of Justice and Attorney-General when the licence is first applied for and each time it is renewed.
The department also relies on information supplied to it by the Queensland Police Service and the general public to monitor the integrity of the industry.
If you have been found guilty of an offence it can affect your licence in a number of ways.
The department looks at all criminal history checks on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the seriousness of the offence and its relevance to working in the security industry, your criminal history may mean that you cannot obtain a licence or are no longer eligible to work in the industry.
If you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence within 10 years of applying for a licence and the court recorded a conviction, your application will be refused.
If you have been found guilty of a disqualifying offence within five years of applying for a licence but the court did not record a conviction, the finding of guilt will be taken into consideration when deciding to grant or refuse your application.
If you have been found guilty of any other offence within the past 10 years and a conviction was recorded, the conviction will be taken into account when deciding to grant or refuse your application.
If you have been convicted of one of the following offences you are disqualified from holding a security licence for 10 years from the date of conviction:
Please see the following extract from the Queensland Security Providers “Application for a Security Provider Licence Individual – Class 1” Form 1-1
If you have a conviction and would like to know whether the Office of Fair Trading will licence you, we suggest that you contact them, and discuss your conviction with them. Their number is: 13 74 04 or 07 3008 5802
- Conditions and Refund PolicyConditions and Refund PolicyPlease note –
- Please ring for prices as prices may vary according to point of course delivery.
- RIIOHS205A Traffic Control on site final assessment will incur additional costs, to be paid by trainee, if the assessment is conducted further than 80 klms from 4049 Pacific Highway Loganholme Qld 4129.
- Classes are held subject to minimum class numbers.
- First Aid is a required unit of competency to obtain your Security Licence. If you have a current First Aid Certificate, you must produce this when enrolling.
- Photo ID will be required to be presented on enrolment for identification purposes.
- Full payment of course fees to be made on enrolment.
- No Certificates or statement of attainments will be issued until full training fees are paid
- The company will refund 100% of any funds paid, for any withdrawal by a student prior to commencement of a training course.
- If a student withdraws from a training course once training has commenced and within 90 days of enrolment, then all fees paid will be refunded with the exception of $200 to cover administration and course material costs.
- Training is considered to have commenced once training materials are received by the student
- If the student fails to complete his/her course within 6 months of enrolment without prior arrangements made with ATA for an extension, then, it will be deemed that the student has cancelled their course and will forfeit all fees paid.
- In certain circumstances instead of withdrawing from a course students may defer their training until a later date. This option needs to be discussed and agreed to by the Company. We will try and find a solution where possible.
- Should a student be unable to complete a course due to illness then arrangements will be made for that student to complete their training at a later date at no additional cost.
- If a training program is cancelled for whatever reason by The Company then the Company will then make arrangements for that student to complete their training at a later date at no additional cost to them. Failing this the student will be entitled to a refund 100% of fees paid.
After submitting your booking form please click the below to be redirected to PayPal for payment of a non-refundable course deposit of $50 to secure your placement. Please contact our office to complete your enrolment.
*Our Government funded courses may cost you as little as $50.00
We look forward to Training you.