The Security Industry In Australia
The security industry is present in everyday life and is currently undergoing a state of rapid growth, the Australian market increased by 12.2 percent in 2013, up from $1.5 billion in 2012. Businesses in the security industry provide private security, protection or enquiry services. Police forces and government security agencies are not included in this industry.
Security services provided by businesses in this industry include:
- Guards and patrols
- Monitored security systems
- Casual and permanent security staff
- Crowd controllers
- ATM cash collection and cash transport and;
- some aspects of secure document and computer data storage.
The Australian Training Academy Security Courses
The Australian Training Academy offers a range of security courses including:
- Certificate II in Security Operations
- Certificate III in Security Operations
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Security Officer / Crowd Controller
If you are considering a career in the security industry and are researching security courses, call the Australian Training Academy on 07 3209 6000 and find out more about our courses. All of of staff have industry experience and can help you begin a new and satisfying career.