Fully online, supported by our experienced and qualified trainers and assessors.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who perform work health and safety (WHS) duties additional to their main role. The knowledge and skills gained will give the individual the ability to provide technical advice and support to a work team, and apply an array of competencies in a range of work contexts.
All industries and businesses are required to observe WHS legislation, even those who work in a small office. There is an increased demand for employees in both the public and private sector who have qualifications in WHS to assist in the maintenance of safe and healthy workplaces.
The Certificate III will provide you with skills you can apply now, as well as a solid career pathway. You will learn about:
- Appropriate legislation and its application
- Identifying risks and hazards
- Implementing control measures
- WHS reporting for emergency situations
- Issue-resolution processes
- Much more, based on your elective choices
Job roles could include:
- Health and safety representative
- Health and safety committee member
- Health and safety assistant
Further learning pathways could include, but are not limited to:
- Other Certificate III, IV and Diploma programs in the BSB training package
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSB50120 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Possible job outcomes after further study could include:
- Work health and safety officer
- Work health and safety advisor
$1699 – Full Fee-Paying Student
Payment plans available
4 payments of $424.75
Please notify administration on enrolment.
The course can be delivered over a range of course durations, depending on the needs and characteristics of the student(s) and their employer(s) where relevant.
The standard course duration is:
- 6 months / 1 year full time; or
- 12 months / 2 years part time.
Students may complete the program earlier than these timelines through achievement of RPL, credit transfer or competency-based progression through the course, but students who are new to industry will most likely take longer to complete.
The course can be completed exclusively online, with video calls with the trainer to assist with the learning if required. Some practical components may also need to be completed via video calls, and recorded as part of the evidence.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, with the exception of the completion of a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment.
There are no licencing, legislative or certifications that apply to this qualification.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded the nationally recognised Australian qualification BSB30719 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety.
Total number of units = 11
6 core units plus
5 elective units, of which:
- 3 units must be from the elective units listed below
- for the remaining 2 units:
- up to 2 units may be selected from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level
- if not listed, 1 unit may be selected from a Certificate II or Certificate IV, from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
|BSBWHS307||Apply knowledge of WHS laws in the workplace|
|BSBWHS308||Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control processes|
|BSBWHS309||Contribute effectively to WHS communication and consultation processes|
|BSBWHS310||Contribute to WHS issue-resolution processes|
|BSBWHS331||Participate in identifying and controlling hazardous chemicals|
|PUAFER001||Identify, prevent and report potential facility emergency situations|
|BSBCMM211||Apply communication skills|
|BSBINS302||Organise workplace information|
|BSBLDR301||Support effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR414||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBSTR301||Contribute to continuous improvement|
|BSBSUS411||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBTWK301||Use inclusive work practices|
|BSBWHS416||Contribute to workplace incident response|
|BSBWRT311||Write simple documents|
|CPPWMT3044A||Identify wastes and hazards|
|HLTAID011||Provide first aid|
|MEM13001B||Perform emergency first aid|
|PUAFER004||Respond to facility emergencies|
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or enrol now.