We have great trainers who are with you every step of the way and our Brisbane traffic classes include 8 hours theory training and we organise 20 hours practical placement to complete your course with an approved Traffic Management Company
You must have held a driver’s licence, foreign, provisional or open, within the last 5 years.
You must hold or be prepared to get a White Card – CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry units of competency before you undertake any practical work
You must be mentally and physically fit to work.
You will be required to provide your own PPE to complete the training including:
- Safety sunglasses
- Regulated long sleeve traffic control fluoro shirt
- Lace up safety boots
- Work pants (with the mandatory fluoro stripes above and below the knees)
- 5-watt UH850 S titanium radios (Uniden or something similar)
- A Stop/ Slow Bat (1.8M height)
Department of Transport and Main Roads requires that you receive a Ready Reckoner as part of your training resource and this is included in your special price.
We arrange your 20 hours vocational placement and when this is completed, we arrange your final assessment. You then receive your Statement of Attainement which you can take to Department of Transport and Main Roads to lodge with your licence application.
- Read the Information sheet – Medical Fitness.
- Read the Information sheet – How to Become an Accredited Traffic Controller for information about entry requirements, our processes, your obligations and responsibilities as an accredited traffic controller.
- Read the Approved Traffic Controller course information and frequently asked questions fact sheet for information about the traffic controller training course including the requirement for 20 hours of logbook experience for traffic controller trainees.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to control vehicle and pedestrian traffic using stop-slow bats, hand signals and approved communication devices in the resources and infrastructure industries. It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work in teams in live traffic environments under some degree of supervision. You will learn how to prepare to control traffic, control traffic and operate communication devices and conduct housekeeping activities.
- Increase employment opportunities with this course
- Fully prepared, experienced and capable upon completion
- Must hold a General Construction Induction Card (White Card or Blue Card)
To work as a Traffic Controller, you must be approved by the Department of Transport and Main Roads. Licensing fees apply.
3 units to be achieved
$275 for full course – $200 for Refresher – best price
Payment plans available
8 hours theory + 20 Hours Vocational Placement + Final Assessment (all inclusive)
Upon successful completion of the Traffic Control course, participants receive a Statement of Attainment for: RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop/slow bat, RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or enrol now. Please check the Course Calendar to see if your course is scheduled.